Texas mom loses sight in one eye from flesh-eating bacteria after mud run



A young Texas mom went blind in her eye after flesh-eating bacteria seeped its way into a cut during a “Mud Run” earlier this month in Dallas.

Brittany Williams has no insurance and, after a week in the hospital, now owes more than $100,000 in medical bills — even as she faces more treatment to prevent the debilitating bacteria from spreading through her body.

“My eye started hurting, like maybe I’ve got mud or some debris in there,” Brittany Williams told KTVT-TV of the symptoms she had hours after the race. “When I opened my eye, it was just like white. The whole room was white.”

Doctors at the emergency room told Williams she had “several abrasions on her cornea and what looked like a chemical burn” and eventually sent her home, according to a Go Fund Me page raising donations for the family.

Read more on the NY Daily News website.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>